Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Apartment Hunting Pt. 1



So this past weekend penail Abby & my new friend Charlene came down from NorCal to look for apartments/lofts in LA. Aside from Charlenes hyper side the hunt was crazy, we literally gave ourselves just one day to look for apartments and found a few but settled on one. It was definitely an experience in itself when I discovered just how terribly tiring and hard it became towards the middle of the hunt. We found an apartment in K-Town and have our hearts set on that one, our only hope is that there will be an available room in June.*crossing our fingers!* the location is great (kind of on the suburbs side) and the room gives off a kind of "homey" feel, on top of all that the rent is pretty much doable which is obviously what we're looking for.

Initially I intended to move out into a studio/loft with a high ceiling, big windows, lots of lighting AND smack dab in LA where I can hear all the chaos (This dream inspired by Jhomar and his super awesome place that I'm super megga hella jealous about) however that dream is going to be put on hold, in the meantime I will settle for this cozy-suburb apartment until we can all establish ourselves, and besides a lot of my friends all started off with a small (though, mine isn't small) room and worked their way up. So I will keep my dream alive but on the back burner for now and believe me I will pursue my ultimate dream of living in DTLA, but as of now I am super super super super stoked to move out in my future cozy-home... I can't wait!

I have about 2.5 months to save up whatever money needed to move out in June, until then it'll be a strict budget with my wallet and I.

Dear future Krislam, I hope that by the time you read this again in about a year or two, you have graduated from the apartment phase and is fulfilling the dream in the city :]

Until then, baby steps...baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment