Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

I'm not going to sit here and say that I don't like Valentines day for reason: A B & C because that would just be so negative LOL, I am however going to express that I'm not a big Valentines-person, as in yes I do appreciate gifts and stuff like that, but ever since a certain milestone in my life I've been so "meh"a bout the made up holiday. I also enjoy bringing in the spirit of Valentines day like today at work... but other than that, Valentines day for me is seriously just another day :)



So Joyce and I put together a small gathering in honor of this made up holiday and ordered fresh fruit from Edible Arrangements, Prosecco (Secco) & one of my co-workers baked us some cake pops! Oh and girl scout cookies. The food was absolutely delicious (for what it was) and the company was amazing, we had a few laughs and giggles and then finally found our way slowly walking back to our desks. It was definitely a needed breather, just a good way to step away from looking at work and to have some fun.  

Going to segway now to later that evening which called for yet another "run forrest run" -- or so Joyce and I call it that -- adventure. It's 6:00, Joyce and I head down to the Red Line, as we were walking I spotted Jhomar, who left about 5 min before us, walking towards us. Turns out the red/purple line was down and I'm just over here like o___0 "Oh no, I have 35 minutes to get my butt down to Union Station..." long story short... I rode my first taxi in DTLA with Joyce and a random person we split the cab with, got to Union Station and BOOKED IT across the building barely making it to my train LOL. 

Ahh, it was a good day. With all that being said, Happy Valentines Day World :]

No comments:

Post a Comment