Sunday, March 18, 2012

Post Accident

Nothing would of a prepared me for what happened a month ago, but it goes to show how much you shouldn't take life for granted. I'm so thankful and blessed that no one was extremely injured from the accident and that we're all alive and well carrying on with our lives. I was told by plenty of people that recovery is all the well different per person and that if there is one thing we all need to recover, is time.

Hmm time -- it's crazy how it's already been a month. No one said it was going to be easy to recover, and they were right. Physically I'm still suffering from back/neck pains which I'm hoping will eventually heal give or take another month and mentally, well mentally... it's been quite the roller coaster. There are times that I can go about my life thinking it never happened but then there are moments when I have random flash backs and could hear my accident in detail and get all teary eyed. It's weird and random but more so weird, I'm hoping that it will eventually subside and turn into a mere memory.

Driving has also been a roller coaster for me, it took me well over a week before I got behind the wheel and another 3 weeks before I got back onto the freeway. It's not entirely THAT terrifying to drive, but it's still goes with much difficulty. Again, give or take another month or so I'm hoping that I'll regain my full confidence to drive. I was actually told that you become a much better driver both aggressively/defensively coming out of an accident so I'm definitely working towards that. Beep beep!

With all that being said, I'm so blessed and thankful for the people who stayed by my side and kept a close watch to make sure I was okay and to the people who kept me company and hung out with me whether it was watching endless movies or going out to the mall, LOL you know who are <3 OH and a big thank you to the people who offered to chauffeur me around, LOL. I'm praying/hoping that the following months will be a bit easier now that I got the first 30 days under my belt :p

Till next time world :]

No comments:

Post a Comment