Sunday, May 20, 2012

Creative Juices [Doodle Chalkboard | Cartoon | Illustration]

Today I decided that I was going to dedicate the entire day to nothing but design. While my day started pretty well with my hot cup of coffee it took a sharp U-Turn when my mom stacked chores on my itinerary and who am I to complain? It took about the entire day and finally around 8pm I was able to sit down and resume what was left of my day to design :]

While cleaning I doodled on my chalkboard. I've been noticing lately that the "chalkboard" look has been trending throughout the design world and to be honest, I'm starting to grow a soft spot for it... kind of like my love for kraft paper and double sided tape. Mhm.


I've also been training myself to jump out of my comfort zone and start doodling more human figures. Course I'm far from a more fine art type of drawing humans so for now this will do xD I actually like this little guy. His name is Marve.


And after doodling more characters I decided to just quickly draw Murfee who then turned into an illustration. 

If you didn't know by know I'm obsessed with Shag and the way he illustrates. I studied his work for a full quarter and based one of my projects around him. So this was my little rendition of my lovely Murfee with a twist of Shag. 

Apart from chores my day was pretty awesome, got a lot of things done and it's always a perk when I get an illustration piece in!

No comments:

Post a Comment