Saturday, May 19, 2012

Creative Mornings & Happy Hour Evenings

Apart from the crazy mid-week experience this week, I had a productive week at work as always. Man! Words cannot express how much I love my job, like honestly... I love everything about my job...the work, the people, the location.. ugh EVERYTHING! Truly blessed ♥

Yesterday morning The Wolfpack (sans Cody) went on a little field trip to Chinatown to attend a breakfast lecture for creatives called "Creative Mornings". If you don't know who they are check them out here. I was super excited because it was my first time going and my co-worker was raving about how awesome it was and she was totally right! This months topic was about food but next month it's going to be focused around creative speakers so I'm super stoked for that one.

(Photo Credit: Jhomar; I was too busy eating my donut to take a pic)
This is what the lecture room looked like, it was pretty awesome. I felt like I stepped into my future-dream studio. High ceiling, big windows, lots of lighting -- ugh it was perfect!

The lecture lasted about an hour and was about a man and his wife and their adventure to their success in the food industry with their well known restaurant Starry Kitchen. Nguyen Tran was so funny, loved his personality and his story about how he got to where he is now, truly inspirational (and funny) "If you're going to fuck shit up, fuck shit up doing what you want to do" [something along those lines]

I wish I had known about Creative Mornings sooner, it happens about once a month and usually the events are free. So The Wolfpack decided that we're definitely going to try and make this a monthly thing just so we can step out of the office and get our creative juices flowing.

After a productive day at work, we treated ourselves to happy hour at our usual spot, Octopus. Mmmm mmm mmm! :] Can't got wrong with $24 meal that includes food & drinks! (Course I opted from the alcohol consumption last night x] grubbed on the sushi though, om nom nom nom)

(Photo Credit: Jhomar; Again, too busy eating to take pics LOL)

Ahhh, yet another productive week :] Cheers to the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment