Saturday, February 16, 2013

One Year

Today I observe the 1 year anniversary since my car accident. I know I tend to vocalize my emotions for the event more than usual and I'm sure it can get quite annoying, but I found that the more I talk about it the more it becomes more settling and in the hopes that I gravitate to a peace of mind.

A year ago I faced what I thought was supposed to be the end of my short life, I thought in the event of the accident I was going to flip over a bridge and fall to my death. Thankfully I did the exact opposite. I flipped over onto my roof and walked away without a scratch.

Ever since that day I have been more and more thankful for the life I currently live. My biggest fear was that I was never going to drive the same way ever again and no one could have prepared me for the rehabilitation I was going to face behind the wheel for the succeeding months.  I would never wish the experience of how it's been for me trying to get back into my old self to anyone else.

It was scary and saddening. I used to be able to change lanes without a second thought to the point where I literally sat in the same lane with my blinker on missing my exit because I couldn't move -- even though there was no one there.

It's been a year and I'm finally gaining the confidence I once had behind the wheel and I couldn't be happier.

Hopefully this will be the last time I ever blog about that unfaithful day.

I just wanted to get off my chest how happy and thankful I am to still be here.

Thank you, God.

Count your blessings world <3


No comments:

Post a Comment