Sunday, October 13, 2013

I'm 22!


And what better way to begin the post than to post a picture of me using a wacom pen as a mustache!

Sigh* that is correct world, I am another year older. It's funny I didn't really feel myself turn 22 as I did when I turned 21, I think it has to do with the fact that it's not a big milestone, y'know? It was a chill birthday, spent it with the people I love the most!

Highlights of my birthday include:




(Before my birthday) Jourel surprising me in the morning with balloons and delicious cupcakes! We did the usual and went to IHOP where I enjoyed my free birthday Rooty Tooty Fresh and Booty and then went to Target and also did the usual. Oh we also danced in the up most appropriate costumes, it was very twenty-two of us. Thank you, Jaybird!


Jay took me to see The Naked and Famous at The Wiltern and it was amazing! We totally rocked out to our favorite songs and blushed over the cute girl from the earlier band, The Colorist! We almost didn't make it to the show cause we were going to get Jolibee first, BUT we ended up getting Jack in the Box. 2 tacos and "potaters" hahaha! Thanks Jay! Oh! I almost forgot, he also made me Filipino spaghetti and bought me a yellow moleskine :) 


I actually turned 22 at Wellesbourne in Culver City (I think it was Culver...) with Jay and Lance after a movie at The Landmark. We enjoyed a drink and a birthday shot to celebrate the night. Thank you Jay & Lance!





On the day of my birthday I walked into work and saw this on my desk. Hahaha! Yes, those are post-its. I felt so loved by my co-workers and almost went into tears. After lunch my Art Director tricked me into a room with the department singing happy birthday to me with a cake and a card, hehe :) Felt so much love! Thank you my lovely co-workers! Special thank you to Johnny for taking the time to decorate my desk and Danny for sticking me on the balloon! 


After work Jordan took me to go get Alcoholic boba from Boba 7 (SO GOOD) and went straight to Casey's afterwards where we basically threw french fries at each other and spoke between walkie talkies. I really do love that girl. Jay joined us a little later and drew "Peaky". He currently resides on my desk wall and I look at him and remember what a great birthday I had, hehe. Jordan also did the best birthday haul with two books and two mini walkie talkies that we are totally using, ha! Thanks Jordan! 

I know I didn't mention my family and it's because my birthday landed on a weekday and we were all caught up on the weekend with another family engagement, but my mom is helping me buy my new tablet for home so that's enough for me. Besides my family has done a lot for me this year with unemployment and keeping me above water and in DTLA, so honestly there's nothing more I could ever ask for. 

Overall my birthday was really chill and well spent with wonderful people that truly mean a lot to me. 21 went by really fast and I was told that it only goes faster and with that being said I guess it's time to kick it up on notch with my adventures and start crossing more things off the bucket list! I learned a lot in the past year and a lot has changed so I'm definitely looking forward to what's coming up! 


Birthday selfie!

Cheers to being another year older! Keep it classy 21! Here we go - Make it count future me!
(And remember that you left yourself a letter in your #3 moleskine before you turned 22, you better make those goals happen!)

Love, Present Me!








No comments:

Post a Comment