Monday, May 20, 2013

[Bucket List] 7am Boogie Boarding : Outdoor Bouldering : Color Run

onto the next adventure!

Saturday, May 4 - The boshy duo set out on an adventure to Newport beach at 7am to go jump into the water - I know insane right? Maggie went off and dabbled into the water while I went boogie boarding for the first time - again, insane right? It was truly an experience, not being able to paddle back onto shore, getting hit by a huge wave, drifting into the rocks, you know life threatening things :p I'm glad I can say that I was able to do that, but would I? Probably not...I have a huge fear of the ocean, the fact that I went out there with little knowledge of how to swim was ballsy as is... but yay :)

After we took a break and fueled up at Denny's and headed over to the Evolv store sale and bought some new shoes! Oh and there was also a tank dunk activity going on to get free stuff, all the boys did it.



Next we headed up (or maybe down) to Corona Del Mar to the "Cove" where for the first time ever I bouldered outdoors! I told myself as I was standing under the cove that I wasn't going to be able to climb anything because I was too scared to do it. But I wasn't going to let my fear get the better of me so I strapped up & chalked up and climbed up anything that I could of grabbed and my goodness was it an amazing experience ! I was able to climb about 3 problems all of which were all beginners but I didn't mind, it was the idea that I finished one that made me happy! I also encouraged a little girl to start climbing, she was super cute and her dad was extremely supportive (he held her all the way through) I asked to take a photo with her and I let her borrow my chalk bag so she can look legit, her smile made my day :)

After climbing we headed home where I basically KO'd since my day started at 6 and ended around 4. I want to go back out and boulder fairly soon, just as long as there's baby routes...eventually I'd want to climb a more intermediate route, but baby steps! Baby steps!

Fast forward into the next weekend, May 11 (which for this post, yesterday) I participated in my first 5k marathon - The Color Run! With me was, Maggie, Jourel, Natasha, Frances & Christine. The location was in Irvine a little ways away from each of my homes but we made it just in time to be a part of the 3rd/4th wave.  I didn't really know what to expect from the color run other than the fact that I was going to run and get splattered with color -- haha, duh. I honestly thought there was going to be people constantly throwing color at us, but nope, it was more like every mile we were awarded with a shower of color. It didn't take us very long to finish 3 mi. although it felt like it cause of the heat. Soon after the marathon ended we found ourselves at the stage jumping up an down and counting down until we all threw color up in the air... IT WAS SO COOL :)  After the long walk (seemed like it was longer than the marathon) to the car we headed over to eat some, what I called "fancy pho" and headed back home where again, I knocked out, still in my color run clothes. In fact, I drooled on the arm so it has a nice rainbow gradient -- it's awesome.



The past two weeks have been a great outdoor adventure, I'm so excited for summer knowing that I can head out super early in the morning and it'll be bright enough. I'm not sure what the next adventure is, but, ONTO THE NEXT :)

Cheers!
Krislam

No comments:

Post a Comment